The Homeownership Center of Charlotte (HCC) is a service of The Housing Partnership.
HCC provides comprehensive services designed to empower consumers to make informed choices and decisions throughout the home buying process, followed by successful long-term homeownership. These services include a series of homeownership education classes, one-on-one advisory sessions, neighborhood empowerment, post-purchase classes and delinquency advisory sessions. HCC offers invaluable information that will help you clear up budget obstacles, save money and learn mortgage and home buying basics. HCC advisory and education services are also targeted to residents of multi-family communities where residents are in transition from rental housing to homeownership.
So let’s get started:
1. You are required to attend a free Homeownership Program Orientation prior to getting started with our program. Orientation is mandatory and you cannot pay for our program prior to attending orientation.
2. The next orientation date is Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 12-2 pm or 6-8 pm. No other times or dates are available at this time. Please indicate the time and date of the orientation that you would like to attend on the registration form. You only need to pick one time slot.
3. Once you have decided which time slot you would like to register for, please click here to complete the registration form.
4. E-mail completed registration forms to email@example.com. Incomplete registration forms cannot be processed and we will not be able to register you for orientation until we receive a completed form. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from our office within one business day of receipt of your form.
5. Once you attend the free orientation and decide to move forward with our program, you will be required to submit a non-refundable payment for our program fee prior to getting started.
6. The non-refundablefee for our program is $50 for an individual and $65 for two individuals that will be purchasing a home together. This non-refundable fee includes your credit report and scores from all three bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), the required series of four financial literacy workshops, and unlimited one-on-one counseling sessions with a trained Homeownership Advisor.
7. You will also be required to take an 8-hour Homebuyer Education Class (not included in the program fee) taught by our Director of Homeownership Education.
8. Once you and your Advisor determine that you are ready for homeownership, your Advisor will discuss our mortgage lending and downpayment assistance options with you with assistance of the Vice President of Mortgage Services.
9. If you have not already selected a lender that you would like to move forward with, we will refer you to one of our lending partners. Our goal is to make sure you get the best possible mortgage loan for YOU.
NEED UP TO 20% IN DOWNPAYMENT ASSISTANCE?
The Housing Partnership is now a member of North Carolina Housing Finance Agency’s Community Partners Loan Pool (CPLP)program. This membership allows us to reserve CPLP 0% interest rate, deferred, second mortgage financing on your behalf. Loans amounts can be reserved up to 20% of the purchase price of the home. Borrowers’ total household income must be 80% or below Area Median Income (AMI). Click the link below for income guidelines. Homebuyer education is required, as well as one-on-one homeownership counseling. Minimum 640 credit score. Please call (704) 342-0933 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CPLP Income Guidelines*The Housing Partnership reserves the right to make changes to its loan programs and terms.