Charlotte Mecklenburg Housing Partnership is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in partnership with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it's right for you!
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Annual income of all persons 18 and older living in the home must be at or below 120% of the Charlotte Area Median Income (AMI) (AMI) guidelines (FHA financing, a popular option for NeighborhoodLIFT financing, is limited to 115% of AMI. HouseCharlotte is limited to 80% of AMI. Other loan programs may have more restrictive income limits)
- Properties qualified for the Program must be:
- Located within the City of Charlotte
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, or Planned Unit Development
If you are interested in the NeighborhoodLIFT Program, take the quiz below and find out if you are eligible to start the application process. You will be able to schedule an Eligibility Determination appointment ONLY if funds are available. You can only schedule an Eligibility Determination appointment online via the quiz below. Appointments cannot be scheduled in-person, by phone, or via e-mail.
See our Frequently Asked Questions Page
If you have additional questions, contact Charlotte Mecklenburg Housing Partnership Inc at LIFTCharlotte@cmhp.org or call the LIFTCharlotte hotline at (704) 285-6028. Calls are returned within 48-72 hours.